Mercure Gold Coast Resort has unveiled The Deck – a fresh new entertainment space to inspire conference guests to embrace the great outdoors for their next Queensland event.
Perfect for sunset cocktail events or dinner under the stars, The Deck can cater for up to 80 guests banquet style or 150 guests in a cocktail setting.
Mercure Gold Coast Resort’s General Manager, Tom Bloomfield said, “As one of Australia’s original prestige golf resort addresses, the Mercure has always been ideal for medium to large residential conferences and with the addition of The Deck, we now have a fantastic range of indoor and outdoor venues to suit all occasions.
“Most of the resort’s conference rooms have views of the golf course or Oasis Pool,” he said. “The Deck will also allow our clients to make the most of the Gold Coast’s amazing scenery and climate all year round.”
The Deck is the latest instalment of the 292-room Mercure’s multi-million dollar refurbishment, which commenced in 2015. The resort’s comprehensive update has completely transformed Mercure’s public areas – including the lobby and restaurant, guest rooms – and more recently, its extensive conference assets.
With the launch of The Deck, Mercure Gold Coast Resort now boasts nine conference spaces and four outdoor event venues, including:
- The Billabong Pool, for hosting intimate events of up to 50 guests poolside
- The Oasis Pool, for palm tree-lined dinners banquet-style with up to 200 guests, or as a cocktail soiree option for up to 250 attendees
- The Masters Ballroom, a grand pillarless event space seating 600 people theatre-style
- The Green, a huge 2,000 square metre green space featuring a lakeside backdrop – the ideal venue for your most adventurous themes, including circus or street market entertainment settings
- The Lounge, our newest conference addition, seating up to 90 guests with a private bar, sound system and views overlooking the picturesque golf course and lake.
Guests have access to the hotel’s extensive resort facilities, including a day spa, the neighbouring Palm Meadows golf course and driving range, two outdoor swimming pools, floodlit tennis courts, a fully-equipped gymnasium with sauna and an outdoor spa pool. Mercure Gold Coast Resort also offers complimentary undercover car-parking for delegates, 11 separate break-out options, WiFi and carbon-neutral meetings for the environmentally-minded.
In February, Mercure Gold Coast Resort launched its new approach to conferencing, Mindful Meetings by Mercure Hotels – an innovative concept that introduces nutrition, health and wellbeing into conferences, designed to create a delegate experience that is connected, productive and engaging.