The Melbourne Convention + Visitors Bureau (MCVB) unveiled its latest product offering, the Melbourne Business Events Marketing e-Kit, at AIME this week in another world first for the Bureau.
Working alongside local digital partners IE Media, MCVB has created a suite of five ‘white label’ online products that any conference or Business Event coming to Melbourne and/or Regional Victoria can rebrand with their own logo and content. These include:
- Smartphone App – User friendly application containing convention information specific to each conference, such as social events, speaker profiles and program schedules, as well as what to do and see around the City of Melbourne and Regional Victoria;
- Tablet App – designed to be the interactive element at the conference or Business Event for the delegate, containing both conference and destination information;
- Personalised ‘My Melbourne’ online delegate boosting tool – presents delegates with a series of unique city and Regional Victorian experiences to choose from which is then captured in a customised video vignette and can then be shared with colleagues and accompanying persons;
- Melbourne Widget – Ready-made content about Melbourne and Regional Victoria which can be easily inserted into any conference, association or event website. It is designed to entice delegates into learning more about the destination as well as pre and post touring opportunities;
- EDM – an integrated email system with a series of ready-made electronic templates designed to be a primary communications channel for promoting each of the e-tools and to assist Professional Conference Organisers (PCOs) in streamlining convention communication.
When launching the innovative Marketing e-Kit, MCVB’s Chief Executive Officer, Sandra Chipchase, said the products are designed to build a one-on-one relationship between the destination and delegate and take them through all stages of their convention journey.
“Enticing delegates to Melbourne is paramount to a successful conference or Business Event, however, we wanted to go that extra mile and further engage with delegates in order to enrich their overall experience.
“The EDM, Widget and personalised ‘My Melbourne’ delegate boosting tool will all be the fundamental components of the planning and pre-touring phase, while the Smart Phone and Tablet Apps, which work across all platforms including Android as well as the iPhone and iPad, will both be invaluable sources of information when the delegate arrives in Melbourne.
“From attractions and tips on where to dine or shop, to speaker information, sessions and maps; everything the delegate and his or her accompanying person needs to know about the Business Event along with Melbourne and Regional Victoria is captured in the easy to use Marketing e-Kit.”
The destination information is supplied via a live feed from the City of Melbourne (CoM) website.
The Lord Mayor of Melbourne, Robert Doyle, said, “Attracting premier business events to Melbourne is a key priority for us and we relish the opportunity to showcase our beautiful city to the rest of the world.
“We look forward to welcoming even more Business Events delegates to Melbourne in the near future.”
Ms Chipchase said the Marketing e-Kit would be fully functioning online in March and is part of MCVB’s overall commitment to boosting delegate numbers for Victoria and providing exceptional customer service.
“The pre-testing we have undertaken with meeting planners, Association Executives and Professional Conference Organisers has been overwhelmingly positive and reinforces Melbourne’s deserved reputation as Australia’s home of innovation.”